The Bondtech LGX™ Large Gears eXtruder is the first of our filament feeders using Bondtech’s new Dual Drive Technology based on larger drive gears.
7 new features on a Bondtech eXtruder:
- Larger drive wheels, for increased filament grip;
- Filament pre-tension lever, for repeated results;
- Multi-function interface socket, for tool or application quick swap;
- Drive wheels’ maintenance windows, for easy cleaning;
- Compact, light & symmetric design, for increased performance and compatibility;
- Multiple mounting hole patterns, for easy and flexible setup;
- A small step for a greener Future, craft boxes without bleaching & no coating.
You can read more about the new features by clicking here.
3D Printed Housing using PA12
The housing parts are professionally printed with nylon for maximum strength and precision and higher temperature resistance.
This extruder only supports 1.75 mm size filament.
- e-steps value : 400 on 16 bit micro-stepping setups; 800 on 32 bit micro-stepping setups.
- Drive wheels : hardened steel;
- Materials compatibility : abrasive; rigid; semi-flexible; flexible; and soft.
- Mounting holes : M3
- Mounting patterns : bottom anterior (2 points); left (2 points), right (2 points), front (4 points), back (4 points)
- Holes on the sides of the LGX™ : 5 mm depth
- Holes on the bottom of the LGX™ : 12 mm depth
- retraction speed : 35 mm/s
- retraction distance (bowden) : ~5 mm (0.4 + tube length x 0.15)
- retraction distance (direct drive) for rigid materials : 0.4 mm
- retraction distance (direct drive) for soft materials : 3 mm
- Max operating temperature : 80°C
- LGX™ DD net weight : 218.6 g
- LGX™ B net weight : 224 g
- Package measurements : 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight : 269 g
- Download the LGX Technical Drawings here.
LDO Stepper Motor for Bondtech LGX™
- PH-06AWJ connector
- 2 phases
- DC 5.5 V
- Max 1.0A/phase
- Download the stepper motor Technical Data Sheet here.
STEP Files To Download
Click the links below to download STEP files with simplified geometries of each available setup.
- LGX™ Direct Drive with Copperhead screw mount hotend
- LGX™ For Flexibles with Right-hand side heatsink and fan
- LGX™ For Flexibles with Left Hand side heatsink and fan
Each LGX™ extruder is supplied with:
- 1x LGX™ feeder
- 1x Custom LDO Nema17 25mm pancake stepper motor
- 1x Bowden Interface Plug (with threaded metal push-fit)
- 1x Direct Drive Interface Plug (for Slice Engineering hotends)
- 1x 2mm Hex Key (recommended tool)
- 1x Product Line Information Brochure
- 1x Powered By Bondtech sticker